Our Vision & Values
Vision Statement: Chess for Success provides youth of all backgrounds and abilities a powerful framework for success in school and life.
Mission Statement: To help children develop skills for success in school and life through learning chess.
- Chess is a powerful tool to develop academic and social skills
- Chess is about process over outcome-it's in the learning, not the winning
- Chess is inclusive – no pre-requisite skill, ability, or achievement is required for participation
- Chess is universal – chess can be learned regardless of background or ability
- Chess is accessible – resources are used to promote equitable access in underserved schools and communities
- Chess is data-informed - programs are monitored, evaluated, and adjusted for continuing improvement
- Chess is empowering for youth and communities
- Chess is appreciative and values the contribution of teachers, volunteers, partners, and donors
- CHESS IS FUN!