Our Vision & Values
Vision Statement: Chess for Success provides youth of all backgrounds and abilities a powerful framework for success in school and life.
Mission Statement: To help children develop skills for success in school and life through learning chess.
- An educational program that uses chess
- Value process over outcome – not just about winning
- Inclusive – no pre-requisite skill, ability, or achievement required for participation
- Universal – chess is relevant to everyone regardless of background or ability
- Accessible – resources are used to promote equitable access in underserved schools and communities
- Data-informed – programs are monitored, evaluated, and adjusted for continuing improvement
- Empowering – youth and communities
- Appreciative – value the contribution of teachers, volunteers, partners, and donors
- Fun –success and effort are celebrated